Genie is the pyATS SDK which contains all the tools
needed for Network Test Automation. Genie bundled with the modular architecture
of the pyATS framework accelerates and simplifies development
of network test automation, while leveraging all the perks of the Python
programming language and promoting the development of agnostic libraries. Genie
is redefining how network test scripters interact with devices through
libraries and avoiding functional programming.
Genie is used internally within Cisco for automating network testing and has also been released externally through Cisco DevNet. This means that the same tests which are used internally at Cisco during product development can also be executed externally on a customer setup. This is massive news for automation within and outside of Cisco!
Don’t know python? No problem! - Take a look at Genie Command line
Genie at a glance
- 500+ Parsers that supports all OS
- Feature-centric object models
- Provides structured data by parsing devices configuration and operation data which are fully OS Agnostic (One common structure for all OS/Interface management)
- Apply configuration on all Cisco devices using a common structure for all OS/Platform/Cli/Yang
- Test Harness to generate testscript and re-use existing testcases
- Testbed Health Status Monitoring - Supports any pyATS script and can also be used as a standalone tool